OGC 0.00% $2.20 oceanagold corporation

Thanks for the article which I have taken the trouble to read. I...

1. 8,066 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 383
    Thanks for the article which I have taken the trouble to read. I always find it interesting that the type pf person that sets up "bodies" similar to ANCoMP that Andrew Morrison has, produce such grandiose sounding titles to their organizations. It might be inferred that the bigger the name is in disproportionate size to number of adherents or supporters.
    There are several flaws in the picture painted by Andrew Morrison as he attempts to mislead his readers about the situation. One example is when he claims that "“When OceanaGold’s FTAA expired in June 2019, community groups and local and provincial governments took action, including a legally sanctioned barricade, forcing OceanaGold to suspend its operations.” Morrison fails to concede that the local provincial government did not have the legal right to do what it did as the Didipio operation was sanctioned by the Philippines President and the local governor had no say in the operation of the mine.
    On another suggested point of contention about the land. Morrison ignores the fact that it has been declared recently that the land where Didipio mine is situated is not ancestral land and therefore claims made by some protesters are incorrect.
    He also turns a blind eye to the number of villages and local communities that are very supportive of the mining operation and the benefits that those people have received from the significant improvements in jobs, wages , infrastructure, education and health as adjuncts to the operation of the mine. In fact there would be far more villagers and communities in support of OGC than protest about its presence.
    Further the claim of unnecessary force that the use of 100 police to set aside the illegal barricade so that necessary diesel supplies could be got through to protect the integrity of the mine. If anyone bothered to view the cell phone camera video footage taken by some of the protesters at the time it will clearly show that there were the usual "Hollywoods" of screeches and yelling from the rent a crowd characters trying to create the impression that their mortal iives were in danger as the police moved them off to the side of the road.
    Frankly it is Andrew Morrison and his trumpeted ANCoMP that is doing the misleading big time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.