OGC 0.00% $2.20 oceanagold corporation

Most of the employees are residents of Nueva Vizcaya, Quirino...

1. 8,243 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 897
    Most of the employees are residents of Nueva Vizcaya, Quirino and other neighboring provinces in north and central Luzon, he added.
    “Meanwhile, local businesses expressed fear of the economic impacts of the impending closure of the Didipio mine. The mine generates an additional 3,000 indirect jobs through the co-operatives and projects supported by its Social Development and Management Program (SDMP).
    Annually, OceanaGold spends around P100 million for its SDMP projects in its beneficiary communities and another P100 million for its corporate social responsibility projects.
    Last week, 11 Kasibu-based businesses and cooperatives sought the help of President Rodrigo Duterte, through the local government units (LGUs) surrounding the mines to renew the FTAA of OceanaGold. In various resolutions to LGUs here, local cooperatives said the closure of the mines would ultimately raze to the ground the previously bustling economic activities around Didipio village.
    “As a responsible resource developer, we know that our operation will be able to churn economic activity in the region and will enable us to help in the nation’s economic recovery. We will continue to work with the national government for our FTAA renewal,” Way said.

https://www.manilatimes.net/2020/09/06/news/regions/oceanagold-lays-off-80-of-workforce/764725/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.