OGX 0.00% 0.3¢ orinoco gold limited

OGX Tailings 30,000-Tonnes of High Grade Gold, page-22

1. 1,215 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1687
    OK I think I'm starting to understand now:

- Anglo are waiting for OGX to come up with good resource estimates from their exploration efforts.
    - When the time is right they will probably make a takeover offer.
    - In the mean time they have decided that HC is the forum to be used to beat the SP down.

The first two points are old news. Even I was aware of this months ago.
    The last point is speculation at the least and I would suggest a low value to effort strategy IMO.

So from all this discussion I take it that I shouldn't see OGX as a potential gold producer in the near term, but more of a resource explorer. How should I compare OGX to the many other explorers on the ASX? Is an appropriate metric something like EV/Resource ($/ounce), EV==Enterprise Value.

Any comments/advice would be appreciated as I am new to this!
    And what would be a good EV/Resource figure for a spec gold explorer/producer?

The main reason I ask this is because so far I haven't found any industry accepted project metrics calculations or discussion on the OGX threads, just a whole lot of talk about there being a lot of stuff buried in their tenements.

p.s. I thought that EV would be a good metric to use as it incorporates all of the assets and liabilities into the equation, including all that Gold Stream and % of initial production liabilities that Q*9 talks about.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.