OGX 0.00% 0.3¢ orinoco gold limited

@bid.rod – Hope you have a good trip and site visit. I’ll be...

1. 1,215 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1687
    @bid.rod – Hope you have a good trip and site visit. I’ll be looking forward to your report.

Something resembling a risk that has been in the back of my mind for a while is that of security. I’ve read several reports talking about the escalating violence across Brazil. They report that authorities are struggling to contain violence due to flawed crime control policies and ongoing political and economic uncertainty. It is suggested that negative security trends are not likely to be reversed in the near future. I’m not aware of the current state of security in the State of Goias, but two years ago Reuters reported that there was a 2,000 ounces of gold stolen from Yamana Gold Inc’s Jacobina mine which involved heavily armed men, a dead security guard, and explosives used to break open the safe.

Apart from one mention of the “Safe Room” there hasn’t been much discussion regarding Site or Transportation security. So my questions, apart from the obvious one of the reliability and the level of future gold production, are:

What is Orinico’s Site Management assessment regarding security of gold stored on site and during transportation?

Have or are any additional security services and/or procedures being implemented when full production of gold is achieved?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.