MMX 0.00% 4.7¢ murchison metals ltd

oh boy, page-17

1. 4,711 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1233
    Lets get this straight...

The document dated August "the 2040 Oakajee Port Master Plan".

1. The document was created in August - well before MMX / Mistsibushi had requested any extenstion for the Project.
    So the significant issues that need immediate attention" would have still required the same action regardless. This has nothing to do with MMX or Mitsibushi or the corporate structure of it.

2. The OPR Master Plan is dated 2040 - so the "significant issues requiring immediate action" are only issues if you are considering the needs in 2040 - some 30 years from now. Hello, how about you complete the port first, before worrying about issues in 30 years time. Has no one heard of staged developments.

3. "Any expansion of iron ore export over 70 million tonnes per annum - "even with a single proponent" - could not happen with the existing land available". Again hello, thats why MMX / Mitsibushi are proposing a 45mta port. Its not like they are going about designing at 100mta port, when available land can only support at 70mta port.

If the govt wants to make changes to the scope of OPR already being worked on by MMX / Mitsibushi then in the Engineering world this is known as a variation = which should lead to cost plus reimbursements to MMX / Mitsibushi based on the type of EPCM contract.

I honestly believe the newspaper just wants to talk about OPR while it waits for the extension decision from the premier.

Talking about the requirements in 2040, and the need for expansion to meet output in 30 years (given the replacement lifecycle of mosts assets is 40 years) before the design or BFS of OPR (45mta) seems a bit stupid if you ask me.

Why not do a 3000 OPR Development plan while you're at it?
    I can already tell you that the rail system built to handle 100mta wont be sufficient;
    The port would definitely be need to cut into the escarpment, reclaim land from the sea
    There would be a drastic need redraw estate plans;
    In fact the design work on the 2040 port would also be need to be redisgned.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MMX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.