AJQ 0.00% 10.0¢ armour energy limited

Oh dear....., page-14

1. 2,011 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 159
    This is not a favourable article. My disclaimer is that it was written by the totally-off-their-heads anti fracking group "Don't frack the Territory". Just because they say it doesn't mean it will come true. However, it might explain something of what is going on between us and AEP in the NT.
    I wonder what Falcon Oil and Gas are going to do; they are test drilling up there at the moment with everything pointing to the necessity to hydraulic fracture.

2/3/16
    American Energy fracked gas ‘land grab’ lawsuit under spotlight

American Energy Partners (AEP) and Armour Energy look set to be the next dominos to fall in the Northern Territory’s scramble to acquire, and now exit, fracked gas acreage.
    In January AEP, run by US shale gas billionaire Aubrey McClendon, won a high stakes competitive $130 million farm in venture to develop Armour Energy’s more than 22 million acres of shale gas acreage in the Gulf Country. The deal would have provided cash-strapped Armour with $21 million towards its 2016 drilling program in the Gulf.
    But Gulf region Traditional Owners say they hope the continuing low gas price and now a series of lawsuits will put an end to the companies’ contested foray into shale gas fracking in the region.
    Gadrian Hoosan, a spokesperson for the Garawa Land Trust says Aboriginal landowners have adamantly rejected AEP’s gas acquisitions in the pastoral and fishing tourism region, which the company’s business papers label a ‘land grab’ strategy of aggressively acquiring expanses of cheap gas fields and locking out competition. They joined with Gulf region pastoral owners late last year in calling on the NT Government to revoke the gas licences saying the company has not consulted with local landowners over shale gas fracking plans or land access.
    http://dontfracktheterritory.org/american-energy-fracked-gas-land-grab-lawsuit-under-spotlight/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJQ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.