CRF 0.00% $2.30 centro retail australia

I will start by saying I believe regardless of gender the best...

1. 4,683 Posts.
    I will start by saying I believe regardless of gender the best skilled person for a role should be given the job. Also they should be paid the same remuneration.

If you haven't digested what I wrote above do it now before you knee jerk!

"Diversity" is the result of just carrying on a business. Diversity will happen but it's not a driver for doing business. Diversity is just a by product which will happen on its own.

Why there has to be a special approach beats the hell out of me.

Below is CRF's drivers for hiring.

Gender Diversity Objectives

The Board of CRF has set the following objectives with regard to gender diversity:

1) Conduct quarterly Diversity Forums to capture views about diversity issues and develop an action plan to influence diversity-related change.

Me:
    So "diversity issues" means what? DISHARMONY probably. And "diversity-related change" means pandering to a minority most likely.

2) Ensure the CRF Recruitment Policy addresses diversity issues and mandates the consideration of a diverse range of candidates in the recruitment, promotion and selection processes.

Me:
    Why this is mentioned beats the hell out of me. You just RECRUIT THE BEST! Regardless of their background, but they have to be aware of the company culture they are joining.

3) Undertake further pay equity analysis and implement strategies to address any pay equity gaps.

Me:
    Part of everyday company management.

4) Increase the number of women in management(1) roles from 32% to between 35% and 40% by FY14.

Me:
    Now this one erks me so much. This says to me that regardless of the talent, skills, suitability to do a job a woman will get the position. I think this would really aggravate women who have achieved high positions on their own. Now women will be viewed as just making up the numbers.

5) Implement a management development program specifically targeted at the development of a high potential talent pipeline.

Me:
    Part of everyday company management.

Please CRF, just hire the best and be done with it. 100% female or male is fine with me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CRF (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.