CRF 0.00% $2.30 centro retail australia

I agree with the sentiments - the best person for the job should...

1. 30 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    I agree with the sentiments - the best person for the job should always be the over-riding goal.

Unfortunately Board's have been a bit of an "old boy's" club in the past - and that's not good for any of the stake holders (except "old boys"). The Australian Institute of Company Directors initiated actions including scholarships, mentoring and guidelines several years ago (refer announcement Nov 09) to encourage positive action towards the appointment of women. This means we'll have to live with a bias towards women for a while. If that's the price we have to pay, I can live with it. I don't think the difference between a well-qualified man and well-qualified women is that great. There are many other factors that will determine success in the role.

I have 2 sons and 2 daughters. I'd like to leave them a world that provides an equal opportunity for all. It wasn't like that 20 years ago.

BTW, I'm a 58 yo male semi-retired executive. I'm probably one of the folks most disadvantaged by such policies.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CRF (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.