I don’t know about you but the 2% Medicare levy is a tax in my...

1. 1,268 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    I don’t know about you but the 2% Medicare levy is a tax in my books.
    Lower income earners will benefit first from this package and you and I know very well that between now and 2024 we will unfortunately have a Labor government who will spend more money on education for no improvements in pupils outcome, sink more money in hospitals for no improvement in patient outcomes, and waste money in universities to churn out useless arts graduate who will just whinge when we ask them to pay their HECS back.
    The bottom line is my household who in Bills books is underserving (but really just hard working and with parents from poor origins) will pick up the tab again for those who think they are entitled to receive what they think are free services.....paid by people like me.
    But why am I wasting my time for, you just think that Bill’s rhetoric is ok and that we are the underserving lot taking away from you, it’s our fault if you don’t get to waste money on other grand Labor programs.....imagine just imagine if we were as judgemental as Labor and asked why our taxes were being wasted paying medical bills for obese people who can’t understand that lettuce and tomatoes are better than Macca’s, that water is better than your 6 pack of beers or that pumping kids and getting paid for it is probably not a good idea....who is taking from whom really in Australia?
    I don’t have a problem paying my fair share, I think a whole lot of services could be means tested, a bunch of tax loopholes need to be remove, more money should be used for the bottom 5% and those who can’t help themselves etc. but I m done being lectured because I worked my ar$e off and I make a pretty decent income. If you can walk and you have a functioning brain you should be able to look after yourself

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.