MAY 0.00% 3.5¢ melbana energy limited

Never say never I guess the only likely people to buy out...

1. 2,164 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 563
    Never say never I guess the only likely people to buy out Melbana is Sonangol or Sherritt and neither is desirable with the early stages of this discovery.

The Cubans are notoriously fickle if your not on good terms with them forget it. This hedges and reduces the likelihood of a takeover. Definitely the US and most western world oil companies are out.

Sonangol / Angola are on friendly terms with Cuba and the crazy Australians (Melbana) that took a risk on wildcat drilling are an anomaly but it's only 30% of the pie and they took the risk so some reward would be warranted.

I think the most likely outcome is some more serious players come on board / asset management firms, value investors, hedge funds etc or an oil and gas company happy for a 10-15% shareholding in Melbana for the exposure of what they have ahead.

Even board change would be difficult to AP is on first names base with CUPET, Sonangol etc etc good luck giving him the boot. Regardless MAY is 6-12 months away from going on an exponential oil production pathway imo.

Al-3 will be very interesting I hope they can control the pressures this time... 100,000 bopd sounds scary whoever alluded to that potential rigs into the sky territory

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $117.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.6¢ 3.6¢ 3.3¢ $274.1K 7.831M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 514911 3.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.5¢ 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.53pm 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.