HDR hardman resources limited

oil guru says crude could hit $190 this winter, page-6

1. 800 Posts.
    Hi geos,

I agree that if oil hits $190 it cannot remain there for long, and I would doubt that it could get that high. Economies and life as we have known it, with the prosperity we have taken as our right for the last 40 years will have been on the skids long before $190.

The DVD suggests that we are at the end of "cheap oil".

We/ the next generation will be paying the price for 50 years of cheap oil. At these prices oil companies will explore and extract the deeper (heavier) oil and offshore deep (ie: Mauritainia) which costs more to get and more to refine.

Saudia estimates could be over inflated and apparently has never been confirmed. The US apparently are well aware of what lies ahead and hence have kept up relations with Saudi Arabia no matter what. After all Osama bin Laden and 90% of known terrorists have originated from Saudi Arabia. The bin Laden family own 50% of New York and just about everything else. Not only does the US need their oil, it needs their money to sustain their economy and way of life. Oil will not run out it will just become more expensive. They put forward the view that alternatives should have been looked at and developed decades ago, however oil interests and politics have dampened development of these.

Alternatives will take decades to come on stream and in the meantime the "gas guzzlers" and the 60k round trip from the burbs to work each day will just not be sustainable.

The DVD explores the American post war dream and the movement from cities to suburbia. It gives some very convicing arguments (and it has already begun) that suburbia is not sustainable and a move back to the cities or a more local, community centralised way of life will be the result.

In a nutshell the generations of the last 40 years in the US and I think Australia is comaparble have already spent their the kids inheritance and the party is coming to an end. The DVD does not take into account any consideration of global warming (partially due to burning fossil fuels) and the damage and destruction that is already becoming the norm. Economies can only absorb so many natural disasters costing over $100 billion and the lives of many. The money has to come from somewhere.

If you are looking for a "feel good" light hearted DVD then don't view it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.