MAY 6.25% 3.0¢ melbana energy limited

Oil industry under pressure in NZ, page-4

1. 623 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 278
    Purely shouty news placating the greenies...all political as as you say, that’s what happens when they have to form coalition with the Green Party, offshore New Zealand produces very very little not even a drop in the scale of fossil Fuel debate, plus is capex heavy to invest., that will be it now for offshore NZ , if there actually ever was an offshore New Zealand.
    I note that all existing permits both onshore and offshore granted for 30 years and gazetted extensions in line with legislation when awarded are absolutely not affected, which was also emphasised , so they haven’t actually done anything to cease current and future actual oil and gas extraction .
    I think this headline will effect our demon neighbours CUE energy acutely greater than even any issue for Melbana has in a producing onshore asset that will have no ill effect from this , now in my book that is a good thing.....
    Another plus. Existing permits will be drilled .....quicker..... as likelihood now of heavy investment in new NZ permits seems lower ....
    The story headline here for outways the actual substance ..the greenies will be shouting from the roofs as already seen in the many articles...banning new fossil fuel exploration where there is huge debate if any sizeable commercial resource is actually
    Present offshore New Zealand and in the remote chance it was, would be at the very highest end of the capex scale to monetise.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.0¢
Change
-0.002(6.25%)
Mkt cap ! $101.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.1¢ 3.1¢ 2.8¢ $248.3K 8.453M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 750509 2.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.0¢ 24364 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.