88E 25.0% 0.3¢ 88 energy limited

Even if EV's took out every IC car in the world tommorow, id...

1. 228 Posts.
    Even if EV's took out every IC car in the world tommorow, id still back some oilers. ~30+ million barrells/DAY are not used for transport at all. Take out all the cars, you take out alot of oilers for sure, but the ones that are left will probably in time get more for each barrell as economies of scale shrink, even if it takes a decade or more of low oil prices first, it will happen.
    Oil products are used everywhere, across every industry you can think of, even 'organic produce' often gets wrapped up in nice little packets made of oil. Anything other than a massive reduction in the worlds population will keep oil in common widespread use for the life of us, or the life of the remaining oil.
    fwiw - low oil prices , high prices for battery materials, record private debt levels and lack of real economic growth will make it very hard for Telsa et all to sell their products to the masses anytime soon either.
    However, the powers that be (ie world goverments) have a big dilema, world growth is becoming very hard to come by, even with record low interest rates, QE123, and now a push for nationalism and infrastructure spending. Fact seems to be in, world growth in a high oil price enviroment is going to be very very tough to come by, and if you understand macro economics, you understand without growth, the entire house of cards comes crashing down. So we are caught between a rock and a hard place, imho it is the bumpy plateau predicted by peak oils father, M King Hubbert.

So my prediction is lower oil prices will continue for awhile, but when they next spike, they will spike very high, when that might be, i have no idea, so i simply buy more little oilers until it does.

What truly scares me though, is my high school economics teachers words "nothing kick starts an economy like a good war" ... same words were the first thing that popped into my head when i saw the 2nd plane hit on on live tv 15 years ago. I can sure hear the drums of war everytime i look at media anywhere. Just think what that will do to the price of oil.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 88E (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
-0.001(25.0%)
Mkt cap ! $86.67M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ $85.62K 28.23M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
580 636338474 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 487634739 119
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.4¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 16.7 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ 34452697
Last updated 15.54pm 10/05/2024 ?
88E (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.