SEA 0.00% 16.5¢ sundance energy australia limited

Well, firstly, SEA is still relatively tightly held (despite...

1. 556 Posts.
    Well, firstly, SEA is still relatively tightly held (despite increased liquidity of late). Price movement can be quite dynamic in tightly held stocks when buyer interest increases for whatever reason (good reasons in the case of SEA). The roadshow has certainly helped, and I've detected a rather upbeat tone in recent announcements and reports that is more in line with the potential worth of SEA. No doubt, others have run the numbers and have realised that the stock is undervalued and that the risk factors are being actively managed. Good results and exceeding projections is another factor that cannot be ignored. Catalyst for $1+ sp for mine is a combination of (i)consistent and successful application of business strategy (building market confidence after GFC), (ii) oil prices that look to be higher than projected in company models (very relevant to SEA due to our leveraging to POO) , (iii) extensive drilling program and flow of news to a more receptive market (interest is gathering),(iv) ongoing successful outcomes based on factoring in more and more data from the plays as this becomes available, (v) factoring in a set of assumptions for planned company activities and crunching the numbers (could be complete garbage!). My time frame is much the same as that of guttedsquid: 6-12 months, barring any market hiccup on debt worries or recovery expectations. This is how I do it, for whatever it's worth. I don't disclose my calculations, but I strongly encourage others to gather information from announcements and broker reports + by contacting the company directly for anything else and then having a close look before considering whether to invest. For mine, it's a buy (have been calling since 10c), but I certainly don't have a crystal ball and I basically do my research, invest and then cross my fingers and toes and hope that something out of left field doesn't derail things. Well done on getting on board in the 30's. I lightened in the 20's (really silly) and didn't take advantage of intraday dips to back the truck up. Holding plenty and very happy, but have the realisation that I've missed the boat (I like to get in very early and am still nervous about the markets). Got in to AUT and ADI and EKA at GFC lows and they have made me very happy. Got forced out of ADI for a hefty tax bill, but still holding AUT and EKA.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.