CTP 0.00% 5.3¢ central petroleum limited

Afternoon fellow holders, if I may, I would like to stay totally...

1. 11,732 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6204
    Afternoon fellow holders, if I may, I would like to stay totally apart from the arguments in part of this current post, cheers.

I noticed that Buru Energy was included in the discussion, and well, I would just like to share what I know about what occurred. As I am finding it hard to understand why CTP cannot do the same. I clearly recognize that we are talking about 2 different companies with different acreage, however at the same time. There are many similarities.

On the 15th of June, 2010, BRU with a market cap of just over $50 million, was able to conclude a binding agreement with Mitsubishi which included, $152 Million dollars in funding to earn up to %50 of the majority of BRU permits.
    Yes, that amount is 3 times the size of BRU market cap.
    The total tenements farmed in equaled a bit over 10 Million acres, barely 1/7 of CTP's.

I could go into much much more detail regarding the J/V deal, but I think you get the gist. Yes, BRU did give up %50 of its future finds, but only if they ever could have been found. BRU has been able to accelerate their exploration campaign dramatically since that time and the deal ensured that they were funded and able to go after the finds they talked so much about. For many micro-cap expo oilers, a pipe dream. BTW - NSE was also able to do a similar deal, with the caveat of giving up %75 of their tenements in the Canning Basin. (Another example of a deal with monies over and above NSE's market cap). JH obviously watches everything going on, is he wanting a better deal that the above?
    I am NOT trying to take sides in any arguments, merely trying work out what's holding CTP back, as I am constantly looking for clearer reasons to be adding to my current holdings.

I am long term positive on CTP. I sometimes find it hard to read the CTP threads, they usually seem to degenerate into verbal *^#$@$ and it sucks, as I really enjoy reading others coherent thoughts. Especially since I have very little knowledge of all things geological.

CTP, with its extremely large tenements, should from my understanding be able to garner the interest of J/V partners. From the deals that occurred in the past 3 years i.e. petro frontier, the majors quite obviously want as much as they can get from small oilers. JH is obviously quite determined to get the best price possible (and I respect him for that, as I have stated previously, hes basically land banking), however, there must come a point where for the best possible future of the company, its employee's and its investors a large injection of capital would allow the company to go for multiple targets instead of one small project at a time over many years. I view myself as a long term investor, but I do have realistic time lines for getting a return on capital. If CTP had listed when JH first started, I am unsure the company would be around?

JH is not getting any older and 15 years pursuing his goals is fair innings in anyone's book.

Really, in the end, what is JH actual goal for CTP. To be the biggest oil company in Australia in 2050, or is to be a successful mid tier oiler with good production, good growth avenues and steady financials in 2015-2016?

Anyway, really appreciate all the informed posts.
    IMHO
    DOYR. It's fun.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $39.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.3¢ 5.4¢ 5.3¢ $52.12K 978.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 454057 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 46397 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.