CTP 2.04% 5.0¢ central petroleum limited

oil rumored to go to $700 per barrel

1. 8,114 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 73
    I dont write it I only find it and post it

CB

Oil at $700?

http://www.oil-price.net/

Matthew Simmons is chairman and CEO of Simmons and Company, his own investment bank that services oil companies. He is also an expert on peak oil. He spoke a few weeks ago at the 2009 international conference of the Association for the Study of Peak Oil and Gas (ASPO) in Denver.

The content of his talk was a bit of a worry. Whilst the global financial crisis has bought us some time, the problems haven't gone away. By his measures we have ALREADY had peak oil, and global production of eighty-five million barrels a day will gradually fall from here on.

Future supplies have never been more uncertain. Simmons expects Mexico to stop exporting within a few years. Venezuela's output is falling. Nigeria is unstable, and Iraq is struggling to rebuild their industry. The US already imports 65% of its oil. By 2025, this is likely to be more like 92%.

With supply struggling, and demand set to accelerate, Simmons expects prices to keep heading upwards. He expects oil to hit $200 a barrel by next year, and thinks oil at $700 a barrel is not unrealistic.

Time to dust off your bicycle.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
0.001(2.04%)
Mkt cap ! $37.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.0¢ 5.0¢ $14.33K 286.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 333765 4.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.0¢ 120916 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.