LNC 0.00% 99.5¢ linc energy ltd

(oil-(shale)-oil)

1. 14,148 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 705
    I am (still) a bit confused about what has been discovered in Ackaringa basin.

The presentation seems to focus on "shale oil" and an oil discovery at Maglia 1.

It is not talking about "oil shale".

Slide 75 says that this is the first discovery of "oil" in the Ackaringa basin proving an active petroleum system.

Question: When did they drill Maglia-1? What amount of oil can they get from Maglia-1?

Slide 78 shows a "shale oil" core. Looks like a rock to me. Did they really mean an "oil shale" core?

Slide 79 talks about "new" seismic data but then says it was obtained in 2011. There is frequent mention of analysis of this data in a number of previous quarterlys - Have they been processing the raw data on a Commodore 64? Why would this take a year to analyse?

Slide 82 shows Ackaringa has same kerogen type as the other important shale sites in the USA. i will need to read up on that to understand a bit more. From that table Ackaringa seems thicker and more porous. TOC seems different to the others, at this time I have no idea what that is, more reading required. TMAX looks similar - does that mean these rocks are hot? Max 440 degrees C is reasonably warm - wonder what temp you would need to gasify oil shale?

Slide 89 shows a future vision of wells pumping liquid oil. No mention of gasification or heating to extract like some articles from a year ago. Seems like it is "oil"....is this big? Should I get excited? I feel like getting excited but maybe it is just the silly season. Send more mangoes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.