CTP 7.69% 4.8¢ central petroleum limited

oil shale terminology, page-24

1. 174 Posts.
    I didn't mean irrational exuberance in terms of recent SP movements. I agree 100% with your timeline and analysis below.

However, saying that CTP will be worth X billion dollars based on its acreage held and the value of some distant proven shale acreage adjacent to a market and a truckload of infrastructure isn't much more than a nice dream.

CTP at present has zero proven oil shale assets. Zero proven coal assets. Zero proven gas/helium assets. We're not even sure what Surprise might be yet. I doubt CTP is either. Placing billion dollar + values on CTP is premature since the Santos JV might find nothing at all. But then again there might, which is why we are shareholders.

I think its extremely likely that large amount of moose pasture in the CTP portfolio will be relinquished over time. Placing a high dollar value per acre against the whole portfolio or even 1% of is wishful thinking. How many $5 billion plus companies are on the ASX now? Four if I'm not mistaken. And its only 6 that are north of 1 billion (quickly double-checks Karoon, Buru and Beach...).

Sure! It could happen. I'd love it to happen. But it is unlikely to happen.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.8¢
Change
-0.004(7.69%)
Mkt cap ! $35.52M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.0¢ 4.8¢ $22.36K 454.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 104163 4.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 96150 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.34am 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.