MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

Hi callent and thanks for your comments.I know you have been a...

1. iam
    1,149 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Hi callent and thanks for your comments.

I know you have been a part of the MEO forum for some time now and, like the rest of us LT holders, have been a part of the MEO rollercoaster. I have a feeling that you are frustrated with MEO and the events as they have unfolded. Unfortunately frustration is one of the many emotions that can trick us, especially when trading.

It's fine if you want to take those frustrations out on me as they will wash straight over but if you want to accuse me of ramping a stock then I would appreciate you pointing out specific points where I was ramping in my last, or any other, post to give me a chance to clarify and discuss them?

You do mention Artemis, and nobody knew what was down there, but I will address that later.

When I put my posts together I am very careful about keeping to the facts as well as I can and make sure I stipulate when I am speculating.

When investing long term in a speculative stock like MEO, with minimal info being released by the company, it is open to being interpreted in a way that suits the agenda of people that post in an anonymous forum. If my personal views are seen to be out of place then please feel free to discuss them, callent.

Before I joined HC, I had been affiliated to other, similar, forums where the banter and heckling detracted from the purpose of the forum which was to discuss stocks. In HC I noticed that there were some like minded people in the community who wanted to help each other out in the cut-throat world which are the financial markets. This was like a breath of fresh air.

As I said before, I did notice that some misinformation was being given out depending on the posters agenda. I also noticed that with MEO there was some misunderstanding about the fundamentals of the company and newbies were not reading releases or just missing the salient points about the company's direction. By posting my research and takling the questions being put I am also learning a great deal too, which is selfish in a way I suppose.

I don't post on many stocks as I am not long term on anything other than MEO ATM. If I did have time to post on stocks where I trade the swings then I may be accused of ramping. I think there are enough rampers who come and go on the MEO thread in any case.

I have always put my position as LT Buy on MEO since I joined HC in 2009 ( I have held MEO shares a lot longer) and as such have no reason to either upramp or downramp the stock - only to put forward my interpretation of the facts as they present themselves when they come along. Like all other traders/investors there is, inevitably, some speculation thrown in. But isn't this part of trading in speculative stocks and the basis of discussion?

I know MEO have a long way to go but the writing is on the wall IMO.

But I am repeating myself as I have talked about all this before in Post #: 6080918

In another post I joined in another emotional thread called 'i'm angry'. my response is in in this post here.

Now regarding Artemis:

2. MEO put the gcos at 32% and always stipulated that this meant the chance of failure was 68%. At the same time MOG had independent reports prepared by SRK and RPS which put the GCOS at 13%.

In my estimation, in Nov 2009, when preparing an EV of Artemis, I averaged the two GCOS rates and gave it a value of 22% in Post #: 4793704

3. In May 2010 there was a discussion about GCOS in a thread started by Joridigi called'gcos' where we discussed just that - the geological chance of success see Post #: 5323527

In this thread a number of figures were bandied around from 48% by Dr Daz and the average figure between RPS and MEO - 22.5% which I again stated in Post #: 5326543 of the same thread.

4. I never put down a figure greater than 32% GCOS and that was only repeating the figure stated by MEO. In the lead up, 18 months, to the drilling of A#1 some posters reported that the MEO geologists thought it could be higher. The farmee, PBR, also thought there was a good chance of success which is why they paid big dollars for the privilege.

5. During the drill I was as happy as everyone else when we hit the pressurised zone see Post #: 6046264 but still put in a calmer by stating 'But let's not get ahead of ourselves. A#1 needs to be completed and tested.'

Once I researched the announcement I realised the pressurised area in the Withnell formation was 300m above the Calypso and Legendre target zone - Post #: 6067772

6. Three days after that post we were told that there were no HCs in the target areas and we haven't heard anything since. Really, with wildcat drills, there is either gas or no gas. Nobody knows any different so if we invest in a company on this basis we need to be aware of a high chance of failure. I put the chance of failure at 77.5% but stayed in for the drill as MEO had lessened the risk because of the CR and I have always liked MEO long term because of the visionary Tassie Shoal concept.

7. At the same time, if you check your posts, you got caught up in the hype yourself, callent, but you did say that we must look at the whole picture. Isn't that what I have been saying all along? Even though Artemis was dry management made over $70m both directly and indirectly which is holding the LT holders in reasonable shape whilst the decisions in moving forward are being made.

I remember the fan was quite messy after the CR prior to the A#1 drill but I could see the wisdom of it and posted 'my take on the situation' in Post #: 6029258

8. But this is history. We need to put it behind us callent. I live in the present. All we can do is assimilate and discuss the information we have at hand and see where this may possibly lead us.

Most importantly we must make our own decisions as we have to live by them. We can listen to the hype of others but shouldn't take their words for granted, especially in risky stocks like MEO, and DYOR. Only then can we mould all available information into what we feel comfortable with. These are the rudiments of fundamental analysis.

Once we take responsibility ourselves and take emotion out of the equation, maybe then we can stop blaming others and live with our decisions.

Anyway, enough of this. I have used up enough time on this gratuitous post and will only reply, if I am able, to specific questions in the future.

Which is what I was doing before your post callent.

#:>))

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.