IGR 0.00% 50.0¢ integra mining limited

MicromanYou make some very pertinent points about the public...

1. 3,376 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Microman

You make some very pertinent points about the public perceptions of gold and jewelery sales being down. I don't doubt that they are. But the main point is that the 'general public/tourist' sectors of the world's population generally don't have a clue about what is playing out in the BIG picture in regards to the world's finances .

How many of your friends, family or associates share your views on gold? When have you had a social discussion on the merits of gold with someone who actually shares your views? If your experiences mirrors mine, no-one is even remotely interested in gold, let alone willing to pay up for what appears to be expensive jewelery.

Hmmm...for that matter neither would I, ....LOL.... cos jewellery isn't where it is at!

The 'barbarous relic' routine has been spelt out so convincingly and for so long by the 'enemies' of gold (ie the establishment) that the general populace has been dulled into an acceptance that gold is not something you should invest in.

The marketing routine has probably been the most successful marketing campaign ever mounted. Convincing the majority of people that gold – (ie real money that has withstood the test of time over centuries and is both finite and exceedingly difficult to come by) – is far inferior to coloured bits of paper – (that can be produced in infinite quantities at virtually no cost by monetary authorities) – is by any measure a remarkable achievement by the establishment.

Of course they needed to be successful too as World Governments decided to stop providing concrete backing for their paper currencies several decades ago at the behest of the US. All in all, they have done a good job of paper shuffling since, but unfortunately the charade is now rapidly coming to an end.

Public sentiment towards gold will change as soon as gold moves convincingly upwards, and as the word gets out that there is money to be made in gold. The disallusionment with the US dollar and the onset of hyperflation, about to be unleashed, will certainly help the cause.

I take no notice of the World Gold Council. Like the IMF I regard them as shills of the system and used to convey 'the' sanitised message, whatever it happens to be at the time.

The mantra, "The IMF are going to sell their gold" - but actually never seem to, is a case in point. That 'ruse' has been used to dampen sentiment at strategic break outs in the gold price for quite some time, although it has now exceeded its useby date. Recently we have been told that a sale will actually take place. Of course China will be excitedly anticipating the move and jockeying to the front of the queue - What better way to dispose of depreciating US dollars than to secure a decent parcel of gold in one hit?

In all of the WGC's prognostications on gold and their preoccupation with jewellery demand, the WGC has missed the strong investment based move into gold by knowledgeable and powerful world players. The WGC's shaky accounting methodology has just happened to completely miss the fact that the Chinese were accumulating gold in size, announced by the chinese themselves fairly recently. What a shocking oversight for an organization who supposedly has their finger on the pulse of gold.....LOL

If the WGC were in charge of a casualty ward at a busy public hospital, I reckon their finely tuned 'stethoscopes' would result in a lot of dead patients being reported as doing remarkably well.

MM, let's stay tuned on world developments and let's re-visit the thoughts expressed on these threads in say 12 months time. It sure will be interesting either way, as to retain the status quo in gold, the US based World Money Managers will need to perform a Houdini like act to escape the ugly predicament in world finances they have manufactured all by themselves.

Cheers
    Nev

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.