I've tried. They can only treat me as an out patient and then...

1. 4,166 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 257
    I've tried. They can only treat me as an out patient and then release me back into society, a bit like Gargasoulos. The Vic government have closed down a lot of mental health facilities and have the lowest funding of any state in the country. It's okay though, i'll tell all me mates not to disrespect, assault or kill women because thats what Lisa Wilkinson and others wants me to do. That's a complete waste of time because all my male friends are not the type to engage in that sort of behaviour.

What you need to accept is that sexual assault and murder have been around for a few hundred years and will be around for a few hundred more. I dont like it any more than you. I have a wife, daughter and grand daughters and I fear for their safety. Victoria is not the place to be no more or less than other states perhaps.

There will always be mentally unbalanced people, violent people, deviats etc. They're not going to be bred out of existence unfortunately.

The behavioral characteristics of children are set at a very early age so schools can certainly play a part in instilling respectful values in their students. The same values have to be set in the home as you will know that the children will mimic the behavior of their parents. Its certainly worth a try but you will always have that shit of a kid, the school bully, the adht kid that turns out to be a crimimal. You know, the one (criminal) from a broken home, the one that got beaten by his alcoholic mother or father, the one that was teased by the girls at school or whatever other excuse that his defence barrister comes up with to have him back on the street before you know it. Think Adrian Bayley and why the system allowed that mongrel to be out on the street in the first place.

As Police said take responsibility for your own security. Think about where you are most vulnerable and have a plan. A construction worker has to have a risk assessment for every task they do. If you want to be a better driver, do a defensive driving course.
    If you want to walk alone through an unlit, isolated park in the early hours of the morning.........well would you? You should be able to but you are putting yourself at risk and there is a better alternative.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.