SRX 1.41% 17.5¢ sierra rutile holdings limited

I will thank Roger Montgomery for getting onto the airwaves and...

1. 255 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 52
    I will thank Roger Montgomery for getting onto the airwaves and talk about investing. He appeals to the masses. He has a decent following. It was RM who at least raised my attention that I could put money into the stock market. I will even admit that I once wanted to follow him and put money into his fund (but I didn't have enough). I brought and read his book. It was full of catch phrases and simple statements. At least it was easy to read quickly. I wished I read "The Intelligent Investor" by Benjamin Graham first.

Throughout 2014, RM and his guys talked and talked about how great SRX was. I felt that I missed SRX due to all this talking. RM has to run a business to attract investors and I wished I was not so naive back then not to realise that. I thought that he was just giving great advice. I think what he says many times is correct but I would not buy what he raves on about. It is too late by then, he had already taken his position.

I am still not s smartie. Many see flaws in RM that I cannot see yet. Yet all funds managers have their pluses and minuses. I know I am a beginner and still very naive.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.