WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

Olay's Super Bowl 2019 Commercial Stars Sarah Michelle Gellar in...

1. 537 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 156

Olay's Super Bowl 2019 Commercial Stars Sarah Michelle Gellar in a Scary Situation! - Article 1

Olay's Super Bowl 2019 Commercial Stars Sarah Michelle Gellar in a Scary Situation!

Sarah Michelle Gellar is set to star in Olay’s 2019 Super Bowl ad, which is the brand’s first ever commercial during the big game.

“I’m a big fan of Olay, having used their products for years. I was also immediately drawn to the humorous and campy creative direction they wanted to take for the ad,Sarah Michelle said in a statement. “It’s definitely different than what most would expect coming from the brand, which is what makes it so great. I also love that they’ve chosen to make a splash at the Super Bowl, directly challenging the male-centric nature of most ads during this time by focusing on women. Women love football and entertaining ads too. I’m so glad to be a part of Olay’s efforts to change the narrative and speak to the hugely underrepresented female NFL fan.”

Article 2- @Adweek
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1419/1419756-f518bf8c6f0a32f4e7e46fc80bcc84b7.jpg

Super Bowl spots are often humorous, and they’re frequently poignant. Rarely, however, are they scary.

Olay is shaking up that precedent with its first-ever Super Bowl ad. Today, the brand released three spooky teasers for the ad, called “Killer Skin,” which stars horror film veteran Sarah Michelle Gellar, of I Know What You Did Last Summer and Scream 2 fame.

The ad’s tagline—#KillerSkin—is brought to life with the appearance of a masked man who creepily stands outside in the rain, breaks down doors and appears in the mirror behind the Buffy actress while she’s rubbing moisturizer into her skin.

“I thought the concept was really fun and just such a great twist,” Gellar told Adweek. “All you ever want to do in your life as an actor is have these moments that people remember. When I read this, I thought, ‘Oh my god, this is going to be the kind of commercial that people remember and talk about the next day.'”

Created by Saatchi & Saatchi, the ad is the first for Olay in the Big Game. Stephanie Robertson, brand director for Olay, previously told Adweek that Olay decided to get into the game to create more Super Bowl advertising targeted toward women. Despite the fact that nearly half of the NFL’s fan base is female, only a quarter of Super Bowl ads are geared toward a female audience.

“I was so impressed by Olay,” Gellar said. “You think about football and Super Bowl commercials, it’s a male-dominated sport, and traditionally all the commercials are aimed at men. There are really no ads aimed at women. So to be able to be part of a female-led Super Bowl commercial for a company aimed at women, I was really excited.”

Gellar continued, “I built my whole career on breaking those stereotypes and coming out ahead as a female, so I was just really excited and empowered by the opportunity.”

Olay’s 30-second spot will run during the first quarter of the game. The brand will also have a presence through its “Fearless Squad” members (including Aly Raisman, Kay Adams, Gellar and m0re) on the ground for the game. The squad will be watching the Big Game from an Olay-sponsored box in the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta.

Article 3 from Reason Why @ReasonW

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1419/1419744-3ba43f9929c2040ea6c097f05a68e6da.jpg
    The beauty brands of Procter & Gamble want to break molds this 2019. First it was Gillette, now it's Olay turn
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1419/1419751-580246590ad5623041cdf4a7598e9d10.jpg

It is not common for a female beauty brand to appear in the Super Bowl ads
    The last female beauty brand that appeared in the advertising of the match was Dove in 2006
    The beauty brands of Procter & Gamble want to break molds in 2019. First we saw the spot with which Gillette
    wants to redefine what it means to be a man, an announcement that provoked the debate and divided
    the society between defenders and detractors.
    Now it is another of the beauty brands of the group that seeks to break with the established canons:
    Olay
    . The brand has confirmed that it will have an ad during the Super Bowl, something uncommon in the case
    of a female beauty brand. At the moment we only know that it will be a 30-second spot created by
    Saatchi & Saatchi, and that it will be broadcast in the first break of the game that next February 3.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.