WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

Olay One Minute Miracle

1. 1,868 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 533
    It wasn't too long ago (about 4 years) that Procter & Gamble released its Regenerist 10 Minute Miracle (pictured below). The whole "10 minute" reference was meant to to convey that once this skincare primer was applied with the finger, it would only take 10 minutes for it to absorb completely into the skin. You can see a demonstration of the Regenerist 10 Minute Miracle being applied here.

10 Minute Miracle.jpg

On 10 May 2018, P&G filed a trade mark application with the United States Trademark Office for OLAY ONE MINUTE MIRACLE in relation to "non-medicated skincare preparations".  A screenshot is below.
    One Minute Miracle (US).png

I have inferred this is a similar product, but the idea conveyed is that Olay has drastically improved the absorb time from 10 minutes to 1 minute.  That then raises the question - how could this possibly be achieved? Most of us have  seen the SK-II Magnetic Booster demonstration where the consumer tries to apply the SK-II cream with the finger, and then compares the effect of using the Magnetic Booster with the cream instead, with startling "How did it do that?" results. Click here if you haven't seen the demo (jump towards the end of the video where she does the comparison). In short, the magnetic applicator device drastically increases the speed at which the cream is absorbed.

And so we come back to the scientific basis for P&G's new claim that they have an Olay "one minute miracle" to hit the shelves.  I have concluded that the most likely hypothesis is this:

10 Minute Miracle.jpg + olay magnetic booster@5x.png = 1 minute miracle

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.