ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

I have also posted this on the beach forum - so it looks like we...

1. 260 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    I have also posted this on the beach forum - so it looks like we are hoping for a greater flow rate than 7 million cubic feet a day from the holdfast -2 horizontal well being fracced by beach; if this comes in above 10 million then I think game is on for Icon & beach; and if it doesn't I don't really want to think about it...

Another article from smart investor and quote below; these were on the Senex forum, I think it is worth a read..

http://www.afrsmartinvestor.com/p/magazine/shale_gas_tap_into_new_wealth_w7REI0kCrgCfTBANU2tpuO

I have pulled a couple of paragraphs from the article; which I think are pretty applicable to the up coming horizontal frac of Holdfast-2 through the Murteree shale and the vertical wells that have been drilled to date.

"This is going to be a pretty big year for the Cooper. In the meantime, the gas flow rates from vertical drilling are being used as an indicator of the potential flow rates from horizontal drilling and fraccing, which means companies are “essentially at the R&D?phase”, Strachan says.

“The real test will be when Beach and Drillsearch and the other guys come back and do a horizontal well with multiple stage?fractures – 2 or 3 million cubic feet a?day [flow rate] won’t cut it, given the costs?involved.

“If they can get 2 million cubic feet a day from a vertical well, then getting 7 to 10?million cubic feet from a horizontal well should be pretty simple,” Strachan adds.

And if they can achieve those rates?

“Then you’re off to the races,” he says."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.