I see myself in terms of my degree - Economics. Facts, logic,...

1. 28,542 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 423
    I see myself in terms of my degree - Economics. Facts, logic, and maths. My friend is a dreamer, a wordsmith, worked in Curriculum and Research for a few years putting out spelling guides, knows all the theories of teaching reading, etc. etc. A very occasional beating of her in Scrabble has me elated. lol. She can't work out a percentage and add two fractions together. Nor does she ever want to. lol.

However, she is a computer ignoramus. lol She doesn't like me to ring her on my mobile phone even if I ring her landline.

She even asks me for help!!!!
    A few days ago she sent my her boid picture.
    It was sideways and not a real bird, just pretending it was. Why did you send me yet along sideways picture? You are a smart lady. You are a smart lady. Turn it up the right way yourself, she says. grrrr

Lady has tried her hand at other ideas, but nothing worked like Winnie. Nothing. The artist had appeared, after many earlier visits, at the publisher's office, discontent, looking for a story, and hers was on a big pile of rejected/yet to look at stories. Valerie's was on the top of the pile. Oh, he said grudgingly, "I will take this". That is not to diminish her success, but just to explain the circumtance. He takes the highest percentage of the royalties and is now very fond of Winnie and Wilbur. 25 books and now their mothers are introducing Winnie to their children so another generation of kids loving "Abracadabra".

Some of her friends, including me, have written a few Winnie stories of our own. She said about mine.....hmmmm....interesting, but not quite!!!!! She let me know what was wrong....and she was right about my story.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.