CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

The following includes discussion of the advantages, limitations...

1. edd
    930 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    The following includes discussion of the advantages, limitations and concerns of the UCG process.

http://www.nationalcoalcouncil.org/Documents/Underground_Coal_Gasification.pdf

In particular, take note of this section.

Environmental Management

"UCG may impact ground-water. Also, the issue of surface subsidence needs to be addressed. Careful site selection and adoption of best management practices for operations will minimize both of these issues. Examples of this include the RM 1 test in Colorado in the 1980s and the pilot at Chinchilla, Australia in 2000. Also, operations at the Chinchilla pilot plant employed “clean cavity” technology that flushed contaminants from the reactor cavity and treated the waste water after a controlled shut-down."

So who does the US National Coal Council single out for special mention when it wants to cite an example of "best management practice for [UCG] operations"?

Cougar Energy's Dr Len Walker and his technology advisors, Ergo Exergy.

Satin Tape wrote:

"To put extremely simply the finding of the report is that the site is compromised before any technical work was undertaken and both the company and the Government were not qualified to make a good assessment ... "

I'm happy to accept that in all probability "the Government" (DERM) was not qualified Satin, but you'll need to try a lot harder to convince me that "the company" was not qualified.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.