SLR 0.00% $1.57 silver lake resources limited

OMG, SLR is the only big green gold stock today, what is going on?, page-50

1. 1,053 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 991
    My personal view about SLR bouncing quite hard over the last week was because of its large cash reserves of $187m as well as the recognition that the company is quietly chugging away delivering relatively low cost gold from their two mines. I bought some on Monday open at $1.33 and has seen it recover quite a bit over the week.

From US Friday trading where gold got a bit of a selling off on the back of the good US non-farm payrolls data (based on fake modelling on a flawed population growth model and doctored economic definitions) that reversed and bounced, I think gold is going to be more resilient against the upcoming scares regarding the coronavirus news. Coupled with the 10% drop in the oil price thanks to Russia and Saudi Arabia looking to break up OPEC, this spells yet more tailwinds for lower cost gold miners to generate way more operating cashflows.

The rising tide is now almost looking like a big tidal wave for gold miners. Even the higher cost miners may get some reprieve with the falling oil prices, as long as they have not been digging up rocks without much ore. SLR should sail comfortably going forward. Very exciting.

I look forward to seeing whether SLR will use some of their cash to take over more companies, or merge. But, hopefully they won't be spending like a drunk sailor and having an intellect like one.

All the best going forward,
    Brian

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.