OMH 1.08% 46.0¢ om holdings limited

I thought it would be interesting to know which ferro alloy...

1. 11,906 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1698
    I thought it would be interesting to know which ferro alloy producers compete with OM Sarawak.
    The one ferro alloy producer outside Sarawak and China who currently gives the most competition for OM Sarawak is Georgia Manganese. Georgian manganese is an American owned company based in Miami Florida USA and  operating in Georgia.

"Georgian Manganese, LLC (“GM” and Vartiske 2005 LLC (“Vartiske” are wholly-owned subsidiaries of Miami, Florida-based Georgian American Alloys, Inc. (“GAA”. Based in Georgia, GM is the country’s top producer and exporter of silicomanganese. GAA’s Georgian holdings are comprised of three divisions: 1) GM’s Chiatura Manganese Mine, a manganese ore mining operation; 2) GM’s Zestafoni Ferroalloy Plant, a silicomanganese processing plant; and 3) Vartsikhe, the hydroelectric facility which powers the Chiatura mine and Zestafoni plant. "

Georgia manganese.png

Georgia Manganese has cheap power which is provided the their own hydroelectic plant at Vartsikhe which was commissioned in 1976.
    Georgia Manganese is the major supplier of silicon manganese to the United States, S32 is also a big supplier, Malaysia had no exports to the USA prior to 2017 and now is a major supplier but still behind Georgia and S32.

Georgia Manganese is experiencing problems now thats likely to exert more pressure on its performance. ie Environmental and labour issues. Environmental problems have been a huge concern and the company was threatened with $160 million fines. Since then the company has started cleaning up its act. The company faced labour problems earlier in 2019, when some workers sewed up their lips demanding a 50% pay increase.
    https://www.hrw.org/report/2019/08/...decade-deregulation-puts-georgian-miners-risk

The latest problem facing the company is owners claiming compensation for  destruction to their homes.
    https://oc-media.org/residents-of-shukruti-blockade-mine-demanding-compensation-for-damaged-homes/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OMH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
46.0¢
Change
-0.005(1.08%)
Mkt cap ! $352.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
46.5¢ 46.5¢ 46.0¢ $33.33K 72.26K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 104115 46.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
46.5¢ 1353 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
46.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 1.06 %)
Open High Low Volume
46.0¢ 46.5¢ 46.0¢ 7650
Last updated 14.17pm 19/04/2024 ?
OMH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.