OMH 4.00% 39.0¢ om holdings limited

Thanks, I'll still be posting whatever relevant info I get. My...

1. 12,262 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1776
    Thanks, I'll still be posting whatever relevant info I get. My catamaran has a 16 metre mast with the 2metre mobile broadband antenna on the very top.
    I'm sure we'll all look back in the years to come with big smiles.
    In retrospect OM Sarawak idling those 2 furnaces will make the supply demand ratio more in line with the current situation.
    The smelters with expensive power will exit the market. They will most likely never restart.
    I note that Bratsk Ferroalloys Plant in (Russia) Eastern Siberia have had a furnace off line for the past 3 months, they are the largest FeSi smelter in the region, and are a major supplier into the Europe and Asian markets. This is one of the few ferro silicon smelters thats competitive with OM Sarawak.
    OM Sarawak is far bigger, by comparison OM Sarawak sold 53,000 tonnes in 2109 Q4 of FeSi whereas Bratsk Ferroalloys sold 15,000 tonnes during the same period. It will be similar for the 2020Q1 due to the furnace still being offline.
    It will be interesting to see OM Sarawak production and sales during 2020 Q1. Lets also see what the FeSi price for the quarter.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OMH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.