Omicron mild but long and even deadly for immune compromised

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Omicron may be milder than Delta but it spreads like wildfire and not good for anyone
    particularly the immuno compromised including the aged. Thats why boosters are
    essential because two jabs not enough to avoid infection.

"Mild Omicron COVID-19 infections causing long-term fatigue, as experts warn not to 'push through'"

Last year, 28-year-old Morgan Cherry worked long hours, went to the gym six days a week and played sports.

But everything was put on hold when he was diagnosed with COVID-19 on Christmas day.

Key points:

• Experts say you're more likely to get persistent COVID symptoms if you've had a severe bout of the illness
    • However, US researchers are finding patients with mild COVID-19 are developing long COVID
    • The experts suggest "pushing through" COVID, even if it's mild, could result in long COVID

At first Mr Cherry, who is double vaccinated, only had mild symptoms, and it seemed as though the young lawyer wouldn't have much trouble with the virus.

"I felt progressively better as Christmas Day wore on," he said.

"I woke up on Boxing Day feeling better again and then by the following day, I was more or less back to normal."

After three days, the only symptom Mr Cherry felt was fatigue.

But nearly four weeks later, that fatigue has stuck around. And it means he can't yet get his old life back.

"I'm still at a stage where there are more days [where I'm] fatigued than there are days where I feel normal," he said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-22/omicron-covid-causing-fatigue-in-mild-cases/100767496

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.