LOM 1.72% 5.9¢ lucapa diamond company limited

on a musical note.

1. 216 Posts.
    This is a bit marginal in terms of relevance on this thread, but moderators please forgive me! One of the unexpected pleasures in researching overseas investments for me at least has been the discovery of great music when trying to get a sense of the cultural and historical background to a country or a region.
    Angola is no exception. It shares some of its musical history with Brazil (with its Portuguese history): The Samba is based on a traditional Angolan dance the Semba.

Recommended listening:
    1. Bonga (Jose Barcelo de Carvelho) best albums are his first two. A fantastic and moving singer - soul by the truckload.
    - "Angola 72". A politically charged album, he went into exile as a consequence and went on the run in Europe after Portugal tried to extradite him from Holland in the rely 70's
    - "Angola 74" more jazzy and upbeat, full of hope - released when Angola became independent but before the bloody civil war.
    2. Soul of Angola. Anthologie de la Musique Angolaise 1965/1975 Is an incredible compilation and poignant.
    3. "Angola Soundtrack" compilation on Samy Redjeb's Analog Africa label
    Many of the musicians did not survive the civil war.
    Perhaps the best African/World re-release label at the moment. Exhaustive liner notes, an enthusiasts dedication to detail and royalties paid to artists where possible. Well worth supporting, and all of their releases are good.
    http://analogafrica.blogspot.com/

If interested check Amazon and other sites for samples and don't steal mp3s!

For those with more than a passing interest for African music check out:
    http://pitchfork.com/features/articles/6007-africa-100-the-indestructible-beat/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
0.001(1.72%)
Mkt cap ! $16.82M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.9¢ 5.9¢ 5.8¢ $15.72K 270.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 83887 5.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.9¢ 14715 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.16pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LOM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.