PET 0.00% 2.5¢ phoslock environmental technologies limited

You are free to give more credence to a view that is obviously...

1. 2,484 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2429
    You are free to give more credence to a view that is obviously more of a conspiracy theory than an analysis, but nothing is ever that simple. But if you can just set that mindset aside for long enough to consider that each one of those bits of "suspicious evidence" you raise could just as easily have very simple and far less malign explanations. If those simpler explanations are correct then your concerns are just that much less worrying. It makes the world a lot more comprehensible place, and living in it a lot less terror inducing.

Personally I am more inclined to believe that the global pandemic is more to blame for the lack of sales progress over the recent period in which we have faced that pandemic, and that both governments and other stakeholders have taken a hit and have been distracted by it. I can readily see how this would impact their progress in their attack on widespread algal blooms, not to mention the hit to day-to-day administration tasks.

The more people panic and run around looking for someone in particular to blame for what they don't want to see, the less the genuinely productive things get done. This is the way of the world. Shit happens, and it is not always because somebody is directly to blame for it happening. We are not perfect and even our best efforts are flawed. I agree that if we look around the world we don't have to look far to see incompetence and poor decision making, but it is not universal.

Governments and society at large and most intelligent and informed people actually do think that algal blooms are a bad thing, and most people do recognise that is our own human activities that have caused them, largely by how we farm. It is clear that the phosphorus that causes those algal blooms largely comes from the run-off from over-fertilising agricultural land, and that makes our widespread short-term-view farming practices the "bad thing" that actually has to be dealt with. Because as well as it being an expensive waste of precious resources, it is destructive to our own land and to the earth as a whole. Not dealing with the problem is a case of not dealing with short-sighted stupidity by a smaller group of self-interested people who don't actually give enough of a damn, so long as they personally make money. Most people do know that we have to take action, and most holders of PET know that Phoslock is a viable solution to the problem even if only in the shorter term. I have no doubt that all the directors and board of PET also are there primarily because they also think they are doing something right. When they don't get it quite right I am sure they know it along with the rest of us.

So, until we know clearly what is going on, maybe just cut these guys some slack. If you are right then it will inevitably become obvious, but you'll get no medals for just undermining them without clear evidence. If you are proved wrong will you be the first to say so publicly?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.