SLX 0.19% $5.17 silex systems limited

I wonder what plans the DOE has for those depleted Uranium...

1. 20,220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1782
    I wonder what plans the DOE has for those depleted Uranium Tails?
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.xe.com/news/2010/03/23/1032541.htm?utm_source=RSS&utm_medium=TL&utm_content=NOGEO&utm_campaign=News_RSS_A

2010-03-23 21:35 (UTC)
    UPDATE 1-U.S. DOE, USEC reach $90 mln cost share agreement
    By Ayesha Rascoe

WASHINGTON, March 23 (Reuters) - The U.S. Energy Department on Tuesday said it has finalized a $90 million cost share agreement with USEC Inc to help develop and demonstrate its uranium enrichment technology.

The agreement will support the manufacturing and operation of advanced centrifuges to help demonstrate the commercial viability of USEC's American Centrifuge Plant in Piketon, Ohio.

Last year the Energy Department asked USEC to pull its loan guarantee request for the planned Piketon plant, citing technical problems with the project.

At the time the department offered to help fund some of the company's research to resolve these issues.

'We have made significant progress and continue to work hard to address the recommendations of DOE's independent engineer,' said USEC President and CEO John Welch in a statement.

The activities supported by the funding 'will give us valuable operational data and experience as we prepare to update our loan guarantee application,' Welch added.

Under the cost share agreement, the department will take over the disposal obligation for some of the company's depleted uranium tails. This will free up $45 million USEC had set aside to meet government requirements for disposing of these materials.

USEC will match this investment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.17
Change
-0.010(0.19%)
Mkt cap ! $1.224B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.18 $5.20 $5.10 $1.179M 229.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1277 $5.13

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.17 1821 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.