FAR 1.06% 46.5¢ far limited

on april 17th, 2014

1. 13,011 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 777
    FAR did announce:

Quote:
    "Drilling has commenced on the offshore exploration well, FAN-1, offshore Senegal etc. etc."

And at the bottom of the same page:

"The FAN-1 well is a pure exploration well and, even if successful, will not be completed as a commercial production well. In the event of a success, the Joint Venture may decide to conduct further drilling and evaluation activities.

As FAR is not the operator of the Senegal wells the information flow it receives is dependent on reports provided by the operator Capricorn Senegal Limited. Operations on the FAN-1 well are expected to last approximately two months, and FAR will release reports in collaboration with the Joint Venture partners."
    End of quote

One thing does become "glaringly" clear: Instead of the EXPECTED APPROX. 2 MONTHS, we are now about 3 and a half months into the process here, which logically must have quite severe financial consequences - especially for the operator. Hence, I am somewhat surprised, how WELL the Cairn Energy shareprice has held up for the time being - obviously most Cairn shareholder must expect success ahead, I would like to ASSUME?

Wishing all FAR longs a relaxing weekend ahead.

wasa

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
46.5¢
Change
-0.005(1.06%)
Mkt cap ! $42.97M
Open High Low Value Volume
47.0¢ 47.0¢ 45.5¢ $22.17K 47.92K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 23200 46.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
46.5¢ 14814 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.38pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.