JHX 1.67% $54.08 james hardie industries plc

Amole said "this boycott sure will hurt them"..Are you sure...

1. 7,996 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 481
    Amole said "this boycott sure will hurt them"..

Are you sure about this, I am not sure how well you follow JHX but I think you may be wrong. Seeing as I dont watch TV, I have not seen the show, so I am assumming this boycott is based in Australia.

Now check out where JHX earns their money, I cant quote the actual %, but I know that the revenue generated in Australia is fuk all. Unless this boycott is extended OS, the US mainly, then the impact will be minimal. For example, the Fibre Cement business had revenues of US$981.9M in 2004, of this US$195M was generated in Australia and NZ.

The reports are far to large for me to go through to get further figures, but I am sure you would have considered all the factors.

I am certainly not saying JHX is a buy, this stock is far to volatile for me at the moment, but with a motion to go before the shareholders regarding settling this case, instead of dragging it out for years, and the fact that their Australian operations are worth stuff all on a global scale, I would be very careful shorting this stock at present.

This may also explain the buyers other posters have mentioned, not everyone obviously thinks JHX is in big trouble.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JHX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$54.08
Change
-0.920(1.67%)
Mkt cap ! $23.33B
Open High Low Value Volume
$54.65 $54.82 $53.50 $117.1M 2.163M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 2581 $53.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$54.14 414 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
JHX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.