CPL 0.00% 2.2¢ csl finance plc

CPL hit the radar screens of Haywood Securities in Canada...

1. 180 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    CPL hit the radar screens of Haywood Securities in Canada Thursday night Friday morning Australian time.

http://www.haywood.com/searchresearch.aspx

Unfortunately I have no access to what they have said about CPL however maybe Jgocar24 you are able to get access given you live in Canada.

Essentially, I believe this marks just the start of quality broker support and research coverage in North America. I also believe the marketing of Mantra is likely to be the blue print for CPL as both companies are chaired by Ian Middlemas and heavily backed by Highland Park (Founders of LionOre)

Haywood Securities appear to have been the backing brokers for Mantra Resources and have since acquired a stake of 6.3% according to Mantra's last presentation release. Putting CPL on their radar to me indicates a precursor to comprehensive research and recommendations leading up to the TSX listing in Sep/Oct and Haywood Securities would be only the first of many North American brokers with the likes of RBC Capital Markets, Cormark, UBS Canada, Paradigm, Canaccord/Adams, Scotia and others not far behind. This is why the upside to current price is so great. When North American brokers start formally valuing CPL for their clients - look out. As Mantra state in their presentation 60% of their shares are now traded through the TSX and all this in the space of 6 months as they only listed on TSX Nov 2009.

In addition, Deans Knight Capital, a Canadian investment company currently holds 9% of Mantra. In their presentation they state that receive "idea flow" from exclusive networks and that Mantra was one bought to their attention by the founders of LionOre Mining when few others were aware of it. I would go as far to say it is a fair bet that Deans Knight Capital are, or soon will be, on the CPL register.

http://www.deansknight.com/pdf/Deans_Knight_Marketing_Presentation_March_31_2010.pdf

With Deutsche Bank claiming "the seaborne thermal coal market is experiencing a transformation which may be as significant as that which occurred for the iron ore market over the past decade" the stars are all starting to align. Given CPL is looking to develop North America's largest export thermal coal operation and the extremely influential Highland Park Group being on board the fun has really only just started.

Finally, if the past announcements are any reflection CPL should be releasing a Presentation to the market in the next week or so which will be the indication that they are roadshowing the new and improved CPL story.

Keep up all the great posts and would like to hear others views.

Regards

Danash

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CPL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.