VIL 0.00% 1.6¢ verus investments limited

VIL are an oil & gas investment company. So they buy into risky...

1. 1,116 Posts.
    VIL are an oil & gas investment company. So they buy into risky drills that struggle to attract partners, probably because the operators have questionable reputations and struggle to attract partners at the best of times(Tunisia springs to mind)

But VIL put up the cash for these guys to drill when probably not many others would. The result is always eventually the same - initial excitement & indications of black gold, but ultimately a duster and Verus blow shareholders funds.

If you look at the history of VIL they actually invested in GDN a few years back. GDN were the masters of extremely misleading announcements and are on now on life support themselves (they are now AWD Aleator Energy, but the name change hasn't helped them escape their dreadful past)

Those in charge of VIL have pretty much raised capital, collected big pay packets, and had a stab at investing in oil & gas plays. I suspect that no company were particularly interested in Fausse Point and VIL ended up with 70% of it. The fact is that they hyped up Fausse point and then looked for opportunities to splash cash in remote corners of the globe. They seemingly looking everywhere except Fausse point to invest shareholders funds. Maybe because Fausse Point is a mirage (the mirage that I got suckered in to)

I got sick of seeing VIL in my portfolio so I sold out today ..... maybe just in time

Sorry for the others still in there who have to see VIL in their portfolio.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VIL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.