on silver - by "the myth guy", page-6

1. 5,382 Posts.
    re: on silver - by Yes interesting acturtle. From what I have read it is difficult to determine how much silver is available. From memory and filling in some gaps its in the range of 3-8 years. The big variation being due to who you believe and what possibilities eventuate. For instance an unexpected addition to supply in the last year was china selling, though there is debate over whether infact this was recycled silver which was brought in from elsewhere then shipped out and has been counted twice?
    India apparrently has substantial stockpile - see thread http://www.hotcopper.com.au/post_thread.asp?fid=4&tid=22565#17676
    but will they part with it?

If you read Ted Butlers articles you will see he believes there is quite a bit of fudging in the figures ie he believes there is far less than stated.
    We do know that the US has run out (from having 6 billion ounces). I don't know how this was allowed to happen, silver inherent strategic value ie used in all things electronic including military applications should have prevented that. Earlier this century the US govt declared silver a stategic metal and basically confiscated it (at fixed low price) from american citizens. I don't think they will get away with that this time around.
    To me the comparison to wool doesn't quite cut it, there are alternatives to wool, wool is not vital to society/military and wool is not a finite commodity.
    So some time soonish, someone somewhere is going to start stockpiling and that will likely set of a chain reaction. The longer it is before this happens the higher the price will go.
    But this is only my opinion.
    cheers
    Rod

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.