CPL 0.00% 2.2¢ csl finance plc

on site visitors, page-4

1. 1,858 Posts.
    These is my comparison, but believe this is quite a while away..I would hope they JV with a trading house which keeps door open with a mining major when time is right..maybe in a few years when Vista South is more developed .... all just my opinion..

To put this in perspective. New Hope (NHC) last financial year produced and sold 5.6 million tonnes of coal and turned a profit on this coal of $136 million after tax.
    They have 1.6 billion in the bank, current market cap of $5 billion.

This means they are worth $3.4 billion as a coal producer of 5.6 million tonnes. CPL should sell 10-20% of vista project only (not vista south) and fund rest debt to make mine. No share dilution.

So when cpl is producing 5.6 million tonnes, from our pre feas figures years’ 1-10 cost per tonne is $51.6. Use a coal price of $95 (current spot is $113) we bring in $243 million less 25% tax = $182 million. More than New Hope, lets take off 20% for sale of portion to joint venture and we are at $145 million after tax.

145/136 = 1.06 improvement

$3.4(1.06) = 3.6 billion into 690 million shares (fully diluted) = $5.22.share price.

Now this will take time and figures are rough guide but good approx picture,

Within a few years, cpl will have a clearer idea on Vista South and at full production (double 5.6 p/a) we will see more than $5.22 but this is years away.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CPL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.