NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

Hi Kat, Actually, I find the discussion on UAV's very...

1. 609 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 531
    Hi Kat,

Actually, I find the discussion on UAV's very interesting. But in regard to neamap; if the operational and cost effectiveness is there, NEA will use it...great. If not, then the Cessna's will do very adequately.

My point is that the type of platform does not influence NEA's current business model. If UAV's work out then there is a chance NEA's margins will improve. So its a positive only opportunity.

I totally agree the world of UAVs is very exciting...But personally I'm just a bit averse to investments that require a high degree of regulation...(I just don't trust the b*stards). Each to their own.

I'm not sure your proposition of centralised UAV networks for multi platform operations are possible in the short medium term on a practical basis over dense populations. You have a PPL (I had one) and know that the FAA will most likely roll commercial UAV op regs out in a conservative and staged format. They simply wont go from nothing to multi op networks in a single go....IMHO. For your investment sake I hope they do. But once again this would be a positive only event for NEA.

On the flight duration comment: Dont need to be up for 11-15hrs. NEA (and others in the business of monetising visual pixels) prefer (for clarity) near zenith lighting so operations within the 10.00-3.00pm windows are preferred. The 4-5hr operating duration of a Cessna suits this perfectly. Data taken at dawn/dusk, from any platform) will lose out in clarity and resolution.

I'd be very interested in your thoughts as to what a fixed wing UAV with about a 100-200kg payload and 5-6 hour flight duration could cost?

I agree with you that commercial UAV networks for multi ops will eventually evolve out of single UAV ops and UAV cargos will be part of our norm. I just feel that the US regulatory beast will take some time on this one. Other parts of the world may move faster. But very interesting nevertheless.

I don't think anyone here is sandbagging your interest or comments in UAVs and I certainly appreciate your knowledge and discussion in this area. Its just that your comments have generally been lacking in any detail or specifics of how this development could/will directly affect NEA financially or its strategy.

NEA value proposition lies within the combination of its hardware/software IP, data compatibility and its commercial verticals. Platform development/improvement can only be positive.

Cheers,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.