SP8 0.00% 0.7¢ streamplay studio limited

Thanks Treefers. I was on the road again, today, so couldn't...

1. 9,397 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1344
    Thanks Treefers.
    I was on the road again, today, so couldn't respond, until now.
    I've been around this stock for a very long time, so long that I've forgotten some of the old stuff, that original announcement about the HCS offtake and the 'premium to spot' quote that you've produced, I'd completely forgotten; I'll have to be more diligent in future. The point that I was going to make, subject to your response to my last, was that to be fair to JT he did say, and I remember this clearly, in his London presentations, that the price would increase when spot prices increased but 'not by the full amount'. Agreed, though, there was no mention of a ceiling price.
    I am a reasonably tolerant and forgiving person, looking back on it all, with the benefit of hindsight, but also remembering what actually happened, I'd comment that JT had his faults, but he definitely constructed all his public announcements in a truthful manner on the day.
    My take on it, and my criticism for what it's worth, not much because it's ancient history, I'd say that when JT made that 'premium to spot' announcement, he believed that that was what they'd negotiated. It then turned out that the pricing formula didn't produce the desired outcome, hence the fudging in the London presentations, presumably; the criticism is this, apart from the original signing-up with the Egyptians, pretty much EVERYTHING that Gippsland has done, that involves Abu Dabbab, no move has been made without the input of this or that expensive expert, yet this absolutely VITAL issue of offtake and contract pricing seems to have gone through on a back-of-an-envelope style calculation, without outside independent review, if that is the case then it is unforgivable, IMO.
    B22.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP8 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.