RMS 1.42% $1.97 ramelius resources limited

In the latter part of 2020 Ramelius imposed upon itself the...

1. 4,358 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2675
    In the latter part of 2020 Ramelius imposed upon itself the strategic target of acquiring a 3rd hub so as to push its production levels up into the top tier of Australian gold producers (which it argues the markets rates differently to mid tier gold producers). By promoting this expectation but then not delivering on it the company has made a rod for its own back.

I don't support the notion being sprouted at diggers by Ray-Leigh Finlayson that what matters is that the deal gets done rather than the details of the deal. But on the other hand being all talk but no action is not a good look for a company of substance like Ramelius, whether it be on production or cost levels or to do with corporate action. Ramelius has been dithering about tactical decisions such as Eridanus underground, Edna May stage 3, the expansion of Checkers, and the Apollo purchase still appears to have been impulsive and aimless. All of this is quite out of character for the 2010-2020 Ramelius. But I am guessing that a lot of this tactical indecision will dissipate once they achieve the strategic goal of acquiring that 3rd hub. Only then will we see an alpha turnaround in this stock imo.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.