BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

Hi folks been awhile since I've posted. My offerings would be...

1. 281 Posts.
    Hi folks been awhile since I've posted. My offerings would be very small in comparison to the other great posters here. A great thank you from me.

I'd like to tell a story in support to Danks last post.

"Amgen were once similarly valued as low as Benitec is today. Not many thought Amgen's highly risky monoclonal antibody technology was any good, if they even understood it. Investors back then preferred herbal remedy companies with good spruikers and similar malarkey, just like today."

I have so far survived lymphoma twice, I am in my second remission. Have done the whole stem cell transplant thing and I can tell you being locked away in a contained ward whilst you build your immune system back after chemo has destroyed it is my benchmark of feeling a little bit sick :)

Anyway, while I was doing this I volunteered to participate in a "shingle vaccine" trial. So this morning I was back in the RMH for the 12 month blood donation and general chit chat for the "shingle" thing.

And low and behold they tell me that their now involved in Hep C studies for Gilead. Of coarse I could rattle off a little information about HCV that I had been furnished from this most prestigious forum. That surprised them, but not as much as their lack of knowledge of Benitec, Peter French and Gene therapy in general surprised me.

These doctors I'm referring to, they travel the world going to conferences and the like, they are not locked away in a hospital! In fact one said he met a women in a Canadian airport that was presenting Gene Therapy at conferences. "sounded interesting" he said!!!!

In addition, my own Hematologist has the same blinkers on. When I mention Gene therapy to him two years ago he gave me the impression it was some type of witchcraft. I'll be seeing him again Thursday week and am tempted to put some form of presentation in front of him.

I don't think we are getting our message through to the right people. If professionals in the medical field have this lack of awareness about us, how in the hell can they be having meaningful discussions among their peers about what we believe is the future of medicine. We are flying so far under the radar that I now have an understanding of the reason for our share price.

A humble suggestion:

Should we open a separate thread for the purpose of creating our own "shareholders and interest peoples" presentation on Benitec and Gene Therapy potential. Co-late all the great information and links from this forum ( Not forgetting the many posts of the past. I always have trouble locating info that's been previously posted.) into a document that we all could copy and print/email into the faces of any medical or interested person we come across. It would of coarse always be a work in progress, for as we have all seen, the potential is just getting bigger and bigger.

I wish I had such a presentation today.

Good luck to you all and good luck to all the sick and healthy people of the world.

favco

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.