ECT 0.00% 0.3¢ environmental clean technologies limited.

This doesn't really have a clean cut answer where we can say...

1. 94 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 48
    This doesn't really have a clean cut answer where we can say that, yes it would be better to receive royalties and do business in INR instead of doing it in AUD.

When it comes to consolidated financial reports and currency translation from foreign subsidiaries there are a few ways it can be treated. It is my guess and my guess only that based on the assumption that ECT India will be doing the majority of their business in IND, the financial reports will be consolidated with ECT Australia via the current rate method of translation. This basically means that the exchange rates in place at the time of reporting will be used to translate statements back to the parent company statements with the only exception being equity which will be translated at historical rates.

Under this method the benefit having a subsidiary domiciled in IND really comes down to a combination of how the IND moves relative to AUD and the composition of the balance sheet e.g. assets vs liabilities. Suppose ECT India has a net asset exposure and all contractual cash flows are received in IND. In this case a weakening AUD relative to IND would be beneficial to ECT Aus. Yet if rates move the other way we will be worse off. From our end we will won't see much in the statements apart from an unrealised foreign currency gain or loss in equity on ECT Aus' balance sheet.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.515M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
41 26264854 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 5216937 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.04am 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ECT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.