WES 0.09% $65.34 wesfarmers limited

"You really don't have to justify your investment decisions to...

1. 16,542 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8075
    "You really don't have to justify your investment decisions to little ol' me."

Well - given your dismissal of my investment approach with superficial platitudes (the kind that form the arsenal of your average stockbroker) - I thought that a few simple real-life examples might go some way to helping explain my approach, of investing on the basis fundamental valuation, to you.

"I couldn't help but notice there was an element of anger there mixed with bragging..."

Bragging? No, bragging would be if I had claimed to have personally came up with the concept of investing on the basis of fundamental valuation.

Instead, I merely learnt it from some other people who had demonstrated its application by being successful investor themselves over long periods of time and I am just copying them.

(I didn't think it necessary to specifically point out that fundamental value investing was not something I invented; rather, I assumed everyone would know that it is a widely-known, time-honored approach used by many other practitioners - institutional and individual alike)

My investing success has got very little to do with me; it is all down to the methodology that I have borrowed from others. In fact, it is exactly because I don't trust myself and my emotions that I subordinate myself to the investment process that uses fundamental value as its cornerstone. For, if followed properly, it removes all the human errors.

So what you interpret as bragging is merely me singing the praises of a certain investment process, viz. Fundamental Valuation.

It's a most praise-worthy thing.

"...how many times you post negatively on so many threads and invariably upsetting the natives."

You follow me all around an online discussion forum?

Some people might feel flattered by that, but I'm thinking, "...feeling a bit creep-ed out".
    Yes, definitely creepy.

"I hope you do well on WES but there a way too many external dangers that they simple can't overcome..."

Ah, yes: "Dangers"

Straight out of the "Handbook Of Things Stockbrokers Say To Get Their Clients To Place An Order (Any Order, As Long As Its An Order That Generates Some Comm.)"

For a company like Wesfarmers, I can't think of a single period in time where there weren't numerous "dangers" lurking around.

Indeed, one of the universal constants of equity markets is the presence of "dangers", which take on all shapes, colours and sizes.

In fact, very early on in the curriculum at the School of Fundamental Value Investing they teach that is the very notion of "dangers" (aka. concerns, risks, problems, headwinds, perils, hazards, jeopardy, menaces, threats, insecurity, seasonality, crises, upheavals, catastrophes, landmines, torpedoes, wars, floods, famines, fire, earthquakes, tsumanis, diseases, terrorists, politicians, dragons, monsters, witches, devils, ghosts, etc. etc. etc.) that creates fundamental value investing opportunities.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WES (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.