VUL 3.13% $3.72 vulcan energy resources limited

Once in a lifetime stock, page-203

1. 1,887 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2456
    I would never be bashing myself over a 200% gain.

In my view knowing when to sell a share is one of the more difficult things. Gains and losses are all immaterial until the sale transaction is complete and your profit or loss is realised.

I usually have a plan when I buy a share, nothing complicated, but it needs to be relative to the share and fluid in nature.

My plan with VUL has always been to buy and hold. I've invested in VUL for some pretty compelling reasons (which I've outlined above and have been repeated endlessly by others) and because I believe those compelling reasons significantly outweigh the risks.

The biggest risk here is funding (IMO), but this cannot be viewed through the usual prism that's involved in the extraction of a mineral resource. The 'push' and 'pull' factors, for want of better terms are extraordinary. Government legislation 'pushing' manufacturers into EV's whilst simultaneously pulling industry in that direction with funding and subsidies.

EV's don't just result in lower particulate pollution, lower carbon dioxide emissions, but also reduce the reliance on importing oil (which often comes from unstable or inhospitable places) - that's a lot of pluses.

Funding and financing agreements, off take agreements, firm timelines to construction and production - all of these will have a significant impact on the share price of this company.

Also don't forget, the astronomical price growth we have seen is off a very low base to where we are now, which is still a low base. With so few SOI the market cap of this company is not as frothey as the recent SP appreciation may make it appear.

My view is there will be ups, there will be downs - but the short, medium and long term prospects for this company all look very appealing.

Out of interest when you look at the VUL chart over the last 12 months it seems to be more a matter of growth, followed by consolidation. Retraces when they do appear are very small. A significant number of the company shares are owned by the top 20 share holders, I believe it was 75% when I checked last, so there are very few free shares available.

I don't think we'll see the same growth over the next twelve months that we've seen over the last twelve (I'm happy to be proven wrong on that), but I do still think significant growth will occur.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VUL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.72
Change
-0.120(3.13%)
Mkt cap ! $700.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.84 $4.03 $3.67 $6.692M 1.762M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12414 $3.69

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.75 5540 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VUL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.