GBE 0.00% 3.7¢ globe metals & mining limited

Once upon a time ....., page-23

1. 6,415 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1620
    Well you are getting seriously agitated and making usual angry allegations to me and demanding much - thankfully our board manage things more professionally.

I do know the law and what I stated was the Malawians rarely adhere to laws and timelines they themselves pass into legislation did I not. I also understand the 45 + 5 days of that law far more than you and your 5 more days headline act. How many delays have we endured ? What is the reason for this one? We await reply and as I state - I doubt it will arrive to your demands - by Monday - I also posted it may arrive at anytime but any speculation is only that - mine is based on the slow wheels of the way Malawian governance operates.

Anyone - any company who invests in these places knows of the governments they operate within - look at Tanzania next door a couple of years ago - totally shifted the goal posts and introduced huge corporate taxes and demanded down stream processing be carried out in country on international mining companies both in operation and in exploration phase - You want to talk about govt laws and regulations - look no further than that.

I am looking at what may be "reasonable" grounds for delay - regardless of law and the recent failure to follow because that is exactly what has occurred ok. So in looking back
    Fact 1 - not so long ago for 9 moths GBE were stating they will have a DA by EFY followed soon after by ML which Malawi govt assured. Did not happen and already the usual delay is it not?
    Fact 2 - We did receive notification from MRC on "their" recommendation for an approval and a timeline on ML to be received. That also did not happen and another usual delay is it not?
    Fact 3 - the company made a statement it is to seek a meeting with mining minister for answers as to why not - pending is it not?
    Fact 4 - the company also referenced strongly in the statement - the issue of a ML does not require a DA prior. That is polar opposite to what the company stated in fact 1 on what they were stating for 9 months - Is it not? so could this be a sticking point regardless of the chicken and the egg law I refer to - absolutely and I would go so far as to say it has been for a long time as they have negotiated hard and for a long time - yet here we are - are we not?.
    Fact 5 - can the govt change the mining law to facilitate a DA is required prior to issue of ML - obviously they can - will they?
    Fact 6 - When looking at any possible reason - there is not one reason the company is aware of or can advise - can you? I can only see one - the one I have mentioned - with the covid one being a cop out excuse for govt is a long shot for what reason - the first reason. Govt wants DA details.
    Fact 7 - Who does Gafar answer to - only two people Chilima and Chakwera. Whose instructing him to fail to carry out his duties and sign the ML - his own or his presidents or vice presidents orders. Given it goes polar opposite to the govt's rhetoric of supporting a vibrant mining industry - he could only be acting on VP or P instructions or he would be relieved of his position for obstructing the govts mining industry vision and failing his duty of his position - would he not?
    Fact 8 - The company knows the new MMB - we know. Stomping and demanding an answer by Monday is irrational in a place like Malawi for which you should know and suggesting the threat of legal action is ridiculous at this point in time - as I predicted a minor delay may occur - will it become a major delay? for what reason after the much improved govt relations - that those relations gave approval for the company to resume contact with the local Kanyika community that also resulted much improved relations and the welcome back to site for more exploration but far more importantly - to finalize the final piece for ML application - the CDA.

The above are the facts - can we stick with known facts - can we wait to hear from the company next week - next few weeks before we go into anger management issues and start threatening talks of lawyers and legal action lol. Oh it has very much to with Australia and China and their being the largest international investors in Malawi - do you really think the govt wishes to loose that and what that may bring to Malawi's future development? Lotus - Sovereign - Globe - Australian only - What impact a withdrawal of any investment from the top 2 and other countries will follow suit.

Do you really think GBE will go to court after all this time and expenditure already? Do you really think GBE wish to operate in an environment conducive of govt support? Because that is who they will be taking to court is it not - certainly will not be Gafar. Do you think any international company will continue to operate in a country with such un co operative governance? NO - NO - NO and this is why it will be fixed soon enough because it will filter through to all other international investment sectors and international aide - who internationally will ever consider investing in such a country where the govt is not supportive.

Enjoy your Sunday smile.png. Carrying on like the angry German basketball player Australia flogged will not resolve anything. Providing a thought on why the delay appreciated - not convening the laws the company and we already know and flagging legal action. Again ML will arrive soon enough. This is Africa - Malawi yeehaahaa - not Europe - US - Australia.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $25.60M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 141667 3.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.5¢ 112924 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 15/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GBE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.