EMP 0.00% 0.9¢ emperor energy limited

one big happy family

1. 114 Posts.
    My attention today was divided between the market action and the Hot Copper action. This is often the case, however rarely does the day present as much entertainment value as today has done.

We investors are like one big happy family. There are those that know a lot and say very little. Then there are those that say a lot and know very little. There are those that are seen as Mum or Dad's favorite. Those that dob others in. There are those that see things as they would like them to be, and not as they really are. And there are those that moan and groan like cranky old Uncle Bertie at Christmas lunch.

By definition, if we invest we do so expecting a return on that investment. That 'return' has both a 'value' and a 'timeframe' component. And this is the key - each member of this family has a slightly different expectation regarding 'value' & 'timeframe'.

Some are quick to point the finger at management when their own Return on Investment expectations are not met. And, in some case this is certainly justified. In other cases however, one could argue that the investor chose the wrong investment to suit their particular expectation.

OBL has seen greater volume in recent days, and at a price near enough to double that of a few weeks ago. My expectation has not changed - but the expectation of those buying in recent days who are new investors in OBL obviously has changed. They feel that OBL at this point in time will meet their particular investment expectation, and that is great, and I hope it does.

I appreciate all the comments posted on this forum. All give balance to the investment argument and are often time reflective of the different levels of expectation we all have of OBL.

I have bought OBL at 7.2c and at 1.9c and everywhere in between, and could not be happier with my particular expectations of OBL. I have done my homework and am comfortable with my level of risk exposure and the chance of meeting my investment expectations.

I am not ramping - I am an OBL advocate but only because it suits me. It may or may not suit you.

I have never met management - although I would if circumstances allow. I have enough invested here to think that would be acceptable and prudent.

And I am not in anyones fan club (except my wife's).

I do appreciate the Hot Copper forum and I thank regular posters for their time and effort - and that includes all members of our OBL family, even Uncle Bertie.

Let us see what the next week brings, what the next month brings, and more importantly for me - what the next year or two bring.

Regards to all.

BRM

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $3.451M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.9¢ 0.9¢ 0.9¢ $754 83.75K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 2203771 0.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.0¢ 67144 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.28pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.