KZA 0.00% 8.0¢ kazia therapeutics limited

Yes, many of us are very excited for the prospects of Novogen....

1. 856 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 356
    Yes, many of us are very excited for the prospects of Novogen. They have 2 completely different platforms (SBP and ATM), each of which with seemingly unlimited possibilities. So one of these platforms could be a total failure and the company would still be fully capable of developing into a multibillion dollar business.

I personally wonder if some of the debate that has potentially gone on within the company lies in two distinct future paths for Novogen:

1) Novogen with their 2 platforms, each of which capable of producing many different drugs for many different indications (both oncologic and non-oncologic), could focus more on their R&D efforts in producing drug after drug, targeting a variety of diseases. If the funds that Novogen has are focused on R&D efforts, they may never have the time or money to invest in Phase 3 trials down the road for each individual drug they produce, so they would likely have to find partners, etc. after proving efficacy and safety of each drug candidate in Phase 1 and 2 trials.

2) Novogen could focus on seeing a few of their most promising drugs through all the way to market on their own. This would require injecting more money into single drug prospects. The risk might be greater, but the potential for earning much more money off of a single drug would also exist.

Each of these paths has the potential to make Novogen a multibillion dollar business; however, the focus would be different (i.e., continued R&D and production of a variety of drugs at early stages or focusing on taking single drugs through the different stages to market).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.